Pixar's Presto Artwork, Animatics, and some interesting facts.



So I was going through some of my files the other day and I came across some designs and videos from Pixar's Presto.







Pixar used the same theater in the very beginning of UP when you see Young Carl Fredricksen sitting in the theater watching the news reels of Charles Muntz's adventures.






The first video here is of some of the animatics before they finalized the story.  I wish they could have kept some of the ideas they had in these shots, but I can understand why they left them out.





The next video below is of the final animatic they ended up with. It's too bad they didn't add these fun animatics to any of the Blu-rays and DVDs.   Wouldn't it be neat to be able to watch all of the animatics next to the final show like a picture in picture sort of thing.



 
One last thing you  might be interested in... Here's an Easter Egg that you might have missed. Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet Show are in Presto for a brief shot.  I was so happy to see them there sitting and laughing.



 If you have no idea who these critics are, here's a bunch of clips below from the Muppet Show.



I hope you have enjoyed this stuff I have shared with you. If anyone else has some more interesting facts,  information, or artwork please send me an email at characterdesign@gmail.com 
and I will be happy to show it.



4 comments:

Paul Morris said...

Thanks! this is a fantastic way to see the process behind pixar finding their funny! and Doug Sweetland's a great choice to lead us through the process!

Jeca Martinez said...

awww i absolutely love the second animatic!!! <3

Suraj Sudhakar Dighe said...

thank you so much for sharing your wonderful work process to us

sora said...

aww ive watched this short like 30times with my 6 year old niece. we are like crazy about the cute lil story between the rabbit and the magician. lol great to see the artwork and animated test before the real short was made. 따따라빰빠
프레스토~~